Wednesday, March 21, 2018

I Hate Rouching So Much

Thank-you to all that left comments on my last post, you all are wonderful.
I did finish the construction on the needleroll, it is not my best finish, I tried very hard to do a great job but the rouching got to me, I hate the fact the needle and thread and ribbon faught me all the way to the end.
I did not follow the direction on how to put the needleroll together, I did my own thing, the directions were not the best for finishing, it was kind of a mess to follow.
I know I should have sent all the pieces to a finisher but I did not want to spend the money, that is less money for patterns and threads and fabric.
I only have the ruler and scissor case to finish now, I hope to have them finished this evening or tomorrow, it depends on what the day throws at me, I get the curves thrown at me when I am on a mission.



I will need to press this front again, so sorry for the wrinkles.



It is snowing again but nothing like the east coast, I am so sorry about the tornados and winter storm Toby, I am hoping this cold weather stops soon and spring can really take hold.
We went shopping on Monday, we spotted three Great Blue Herons, they are here early, it seems they usually come back in April, maybe this is a sign that warmer weather is almost here, I hope so.
Well its time for coffee and some stitching.

Thank-you for your comments and for viewing my posts
Blessings
Catherine

14 comments:

Eszter/SubRosa said...

Beautiful needleroll♥ I think your finish is perfect!

Daffycat said...

Ruching ribbon is not for the faint of heart! Beautiful finishing!

Diana said...

Great needleroll!

RJ said...

Catherine that is such a lovely needleroll. It has such a delicate look to it. It's soft and pretty and special. I think you did a great job on the ruching...looks fabulous and what a pretty blue you chose for the ribbon. Great job as always. I hope it is warming by you. RJ

marly said...

I've never ruched!! Sorry it wasn't fun but it sure looks fabulous. What a difference a nice edging makes.

Marti said...

I think you did a great job on it. I don't like ruching either. I never can get it even.

Marilyn said...

I think the needleroll is pretty.
I never tried ruching, but it adds a nice touch.
Marilyn

Mary said...

CAtherine, you may hate rouching but you did a wonderful job with it. I love that ribbon, could you share where you found it? The needleroll came out just lovely. I have yet to attempt a complicated finish like that. I hope it warms up soon for the both of us!!

Rita said...

You did a great job, congratulations!

butterfly said...

I love the needle roll and you did a fantastic job well done Catherine.
I am so wanting Spring to arrive or will we go right into Summer I hope not Spring is the best season for me.
Have a wonderful stitching week hugs.

Preeti said...

Your needle roll looks beautiful, Catherine:)

Penny said...

I'm glad you persevered, Catherine, because your finishing work is just beautiful! And I'm looking for any little sign that warmer weather is on its way. : )

Carol said...

Catherine, I always think your finishing looks amazing and this needle roll is no exception! Really love that pretty ribbon :)

I sure hope Spring arrives soon--this cold weather is really getting old!!

Robin said...

The ruching looks good to me. Your finishing looks great. And yes, why pay a finisher if you can do such a good job yourself? Well there is that thing callled time.