Friday, March 23, 2018

Finally Finished

I worked on the last two pieces of the Kindred Spirits class project.
I stitched the Scissor Case yesterday, I hate rouching, hate it with the kind of ribbon that was in the kit, I did get it done not exactly my best work but it looks okay.
I finished the back of the ruler case and stitched the back to the front, I have ordered the ruler and two thread keepers from Ellen Chester of With My Needle, I hope they come soon.
So sorry the photos are not very good it is evening here, the brightest light I could find was in the laundry room.







I want to tell you about two Blog sites I purchase from, they both have new designs out.

Scattered Seed Samplers has a new Bunny design out which I am in love with, I will be ordering it.
http://scatteredseedsamplers.blogspot.com

SubRosa has three really cute Chicken designs that are oh so cute, please check them out.

And Sub Rosa Blog site
http://e-subrosa.blogspot.com

I am gearing up for Easter, we decided to have dinner here at the old homestead, we are not having ham, we are having turkey, dressing, potatoes, green beans (not green bean salad) ewwww pie and I bought a cake mix triple chocolate with milk chocolate frosting I am going to make a round cake and have frosting in the middle, I have given up candy, Pepsi, baked sweets and granolas, now you may laugh at the granolas but everyday when I have my homemade latte, I have a Nature Valley Granola bar with it in the mid morning, boy oh boy I miss that treat.
It is now time to work on my Little Blue Church, I am almost ready to add the beads, then I am not sure what I will work on.

Happy Easter To All Who Celebrate The Holy Season
Happy Passover To All Who Celebrate Passover

Catherine
 

15 comments:

Marti said...

Scattered Seeds has some cute stuff. I still am just swooning over your Shaker basket. You did a great job on it, and I like your ruching.

RJ said...

Catherine, your Shaker basket is downright gorgeous!!! I think your ruching looks fabulous. You are too hard on yourself. You did an outstanding job. And I love the colors...that blue is spectacular.

Your Easter dinner sounds delicious. May you have a happy and blessed day with your family. I'm off to look at the patterns you have fallen in love with. RJ

Marilyn said...

That is a gorgeous set.
Saw that Bunny, it's cute, might have to get that one. :)
A Blessed eater to you also.
Take care.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Catherine, I think your finishing is exquisite! Your rouching is done so well despite you not enjoying the process. Everything about this project is lovely! I love the colors and that basket is gorgeous. Can you share where you purchased it?

I hope you have a lovely Easter with your loved ones.

marly said...

Gorgeous wood filled with beautiful stitchery.

Linda said...

Congrats on all of the great finishes Catherine.

Linda

gracie said...

A beautiful set and you did a great job with it.

Brigitte said...

Oh my , Catherine, this sewing roll with its accessories is just gorgeous. You were doing a great job on the ruching and putting everything together. That reminds me an already stitched sewing roll plus accessories, also by Ellen Chester, which I still have to sew together. Maybe I should pull the out and at least have a look at them.

Preeti said...

Your accessories set looks so pretty, Catherine:) I will try one of the items some day.

Rita said...

They are so beautiful and well done!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Beautiful! Those are heirloom pieces--love your Shaker carrier

Faith... said...

Catherine I think your set is beautiful and you did a great job on everything! Hope yo have a wonderful Easter. Off to check out the sites you recommended...

Robin said...

Your finish is beautiful and as I suspected, it is an Ellen Chester piece. Such a sweet lady. And thanks for the link, the chicks are adorable.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Shaker basket is gorgeous and you are too critical of yourself. The finishing looks lovely to me.

cocoya said...

A beautiful set and you did a great job with it.
กำถั่ว