Tuesday, June 20, 2017

I am finally Back

I want to Thank Vickie over at http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com she has checked up on me to make sure all is well, thank-you from the bottom of my heart Vickie, you are an angel. I also want to thank RJ over at http://stitchingfriendsforever2.blogspot.com, you also are an angel thank-you for the beautiful letter and your kindness at the passing of my Mother.

I have been very busy since April, with my Mother being ill and then passing, it has been a challenge, she was my dearest and best friend, I do miss her so.
Cleaning and getting the home she owned was hard, my husband and I gave the home to my sister in law, she lived with my Mother and was her care giver, so it was only right she get the home, she has made some beautiful improvements, is having fun doing so and I really want to keep her in the family, she was my youngest brothers wife, after he passed away from cancer she let my Mother live with her in her home, until my Mother bought a home, then Julie moved in with her.
Julie is like a sister to me now, I am so lucky.

I have been away also on a almost two week vacation with my wonderful husband, we left on June 4th and came home June 15th, I am so relaxed, I needed that vacation., we went to Live Aqua in Cancun Mexico our second home is what that place feels like to us.


They had a message on our bed made out of rice, they are a fantastic place we only mentioned to our favorite waiter that we had been married for 40 years, he must have mentioned it to management and this is what they did for us, this is the best place to vacation for us.


Mike had a message put on the beach made out of seaweed as a surprise for me, the words are about four feet tall and one foot wide so you could see it from the balcony's of the resort, all rooms face the sea, none face the streets of Cancun.


I did get a few stitch's in on Plum Street Sampler Merry Friends, I love this design, I bought the tins to put the finished design in from a second hand store, so they will be hanging somewhere in the home this Christmas.


I finished this at a stitching retreat in May, I found the buttons in my stash button jar, I need to have a finishing day soon, I have loads of stuff to put together, the stitching is done but if you know me I like to stitch and not finish, maybe I need to send a bunch to Vonna!


I did finish the stitching on Blackbird Designs Lady Liberty and need to finish the top for the pin cushion, soon very soon.


I had a beading day with Julie, she made these adorable bracelets for me, I did not know she was making them for me at the time, I was also making bracelets for her one I finished the other I had to finish after she went home, one I have a photo for the other I will have to post later when I get her wrist in front of the camera.
This is the one I made for her.


So sorry the photos are not so great I do not know what is wrong with my camera.

I hope you are all well I am going to get caught up with commenting on other blogs today.

Blessings
Catherine



 

13 comments:

marly said...

Good to hear from you, and glad you got away and relaxed. Happy anniversary to you both! Yes it is so difficult losing a loved one and having to go through possessions. You had the perfect solution and a blessing to your SIL.

Mary said...

Catherine, It is so good to see you post. I'm so glad you were able to get away to celebrate your 40th anniversary, that is quite a milestone! How sweet of the hotel staff to do both decorations for you.

I couldn't agree with you more, RJ is an angel!!

Merry Friends is an adorable pattern, I have that in my pile to do and I love BD Lady Libery, I have been resisting that one but I'm sure it will be added to my stash.

I could not agree with you more, I love stitching but do not care for the finishing...it's a challenge for me.

SO nice to hear you gave your Mom's home to someone who will love and take care of it, what a generous heart you have.

Vickie said...

Your anniversary sure looks like it was special. I am glad for you both. I am so glad Julie lives on in your mom's home. I hope it all works out well. Your stitching and bracelets are so pretty.

RJ said...

Hi there Catherine. Words can't express how happy I am to see you blogging once again. You were dearly missed. I'm glad you got all the hard things done at your Mom's house and the generous giving of the house to your SIL shows how big your heart is. You are a very special lady.

And your anniversary vacation is just what you needed and how special a vacation it was. I love all of the charts you are working on...perfect selections. I need that patriotic one for sure. Good thing Mary agrees. LOL! And your bracelets are so pretty too. RJ

butterfly said...


Good to have you back Catherine, Happy Anniversary.
It is so sad to say goodbye to loved ones , it breaks your heart .

You have stitched up some lovely iteam's .
It is always good to get away and relax , I am looking forward to my holiday later in the year.
Hugs and Kisses .

Marilyn said...

Happy 40th Anniversary!!!
What a nice gesture to leave the house to your SIL.
Great projects!
Marilyn

blue star stitcher said...

Happy Anniversary, it looks like you had a wonderful trip. You do need to have a finishing day soon, it would be nice to have Lady Liberty out on display for next month, such a neat design!

Faith... said...

Welcome back Catherine!

That was so very kind of you and your family to give your Mother's house to your SIL. I am sure she truly appreciates it.

Looks like you had a beautiful anniversary get away and I bet that is just what you needed; some time to relax and unwind from all the stress.

Love your stitching and I hope you get your finishing day soon. I don't like the finishing part either which can be evidenced by looking in my "finished" box!

Preeti said...

Happy 40th Anniversary to both of you:) lovely stitching and bracelets. So nice that your SIL is dear to you as your sister.

Von said...

Congratulations on your 40th wedding anniversary! Cancun is indeed a wonderful place to de-stress from all the stress you've had lately.

Lili said...

Hello Catherine! Found your blog through Vickie!

Happy 40th Anniversary to both of you, looks like you had a wonderful trip!
Your stitching is so pretty!

Have a great weekend!
Lili

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had a lovely holiday together, what a great way to celebrate a milestone anniversary.
It was so generous of you to think of your SIL too, I'm sure she really appreciates your kindness.
Nice to see some stitching too!

Marti said...

What a lovely anniversary, and Happy 40th! It was so generous to give your sister-in-law the house. I would love having a sister-in-law that felt as close as a real sister. You are both blessed.