Friday, September 19, 2014

WORK WORK WORK when does it end

In Minnesota we are on the threshold of fall, brrrrr, the temps have really dropped, I am sad, I need to move to warmer weather when I retire, we have been talking about maybe next may 1st, I am crossing y fingers. I am not sure what I will do for a part time job just for some pocket money, I am sure I will do something, maybe I will vonlunteer at the hospital, who knows, wish me luck when the time comes.
I am so sorry I have not been able to post earliere in the month, I recieved a beautiful package from Jaquie at http://myjourneystarting2013.blogspot.com I am so thrilled with what she made me, it is beautiful, Jaquie also sent along beautiful ribbons with buttons, you know how I love buttons, I am in the process of making a button bracelet and some of the buttons she sent me will go on the bracelet.
Jacquie also sent a lovely pillow with a cute sweet saying, I am thrilled with the lace and ribbons also they are beautiful, I was also lucky enough to get two patterns one with the thread and a small picture frame.



What a lucky Lady I am, I have finished stitched Jacquie's square and will post it tomorrow.




This is a bracelet I made from one of two kits I was given at MN. Needlework Guild Retreat in august, my lovely Friend Jan Kelly gave them to me,  the other bracelet is in the colors of green and blue, I will work on that one this weekend, thank-you Jan you are an Angel, I did not do the six strands that I called for it was way to chunky for me, I will do something in the line of earrings and a necklace with the leftover beads.





At Retreat the retreat chairs pick wonderful gift bags to give each guest, this is one of the gifts, it comes with all the ingredients you just need to put them together, I love this little shell it will sit in my case with my other collectables, Thank-you MnGuild Chairs.




This was a partial kit I found in the stash reduction pile at retreat, it is from the 2000 Shepherds Bush Retreat, I love this little pattern I will be making a scissor fob. it is done on 32 count Light Sand linen, over two threads., I will use crushed walnut shells to add depth to the fob.




This is a pattern I bought way back when from The Thread Basket the button to the Basket is at the top of my main page, I cannot remember, it is a beautiful small heart about 3x3, it is so much prettier in person, I have to tell you this is my first attempt at ribbon work, it is not the best but has me very interested in ribbon work now.
 I will have to research this craft oh no not another thing to get into oh well, I am weak oh so weak when it comes to crafting.





And a few more stitches on The Drawn Thread pocket, soon very soon I will hvae this finished, I did manage to get the framing for the words done but had no update picture, next post.

it is time to get ready for work late shift today ugh on a friday, I hope all youe wish's come  true   you get loads of stitching done and have a beautiful rest of your day.

Blessings
Catherine




 

9 comments:

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching , and lovely stitching and gifts from Jac, hugs.

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching !! So many nice gifts! You are a lucky lady :)

Linda said...

What a lucky lady. Have fun with your stitching projects.

Jacqueline Morris said...

Oh my goodness I am so so pleased my Round Robin Stitch arrived safely... I was worried. So pleased you like it too :)
Such a wonderful happy post today and with oh so lovely stitching too... your cute Shepherds bush stitch is lovely :)
Happy Stitching
Smiles :)

Frances said...

What wonderful stitching! You have been busy and have made some pretty pieces!
Also, a lovely package from Jacquie! It's a fun day when you receive goodies in the mail!
If you want to come somewhere warm, move to Mississippi! You'll never be cold again! HA!
Have a nice weekend!

cucki said...

Lovely gifts..
Enjoy your sweet projects my dear xx

Hopblogger said...

The shell and thimble is so sweet. I love that idea. So many nice gifts here. The Shepherds Bush is a nice piece. And also love the C. So fitting your sewing room.
Enjoy.
Mini smiles, Conny

Marilyn said...

What pretty gifts, and great projects lined up.
The bracelets are beautiful.
Marilyn

Kimmie said...

Look at all the fun stuff!!!!!

My mom found lots of volunteer stuff to do when she retired. I think she's busier now than she was before! Of course....that doesn't exactly line your pockets with cash. LOL