Monday, July 7, 2014

A little stitching on the fourth week-end and some outdoor pictures

I made it through the week-end with a little stitching and a few margaritas, even the hottub was my friend,  we turn down the heat in the summer and use it to cool down, sitting in the tub and watching the fireworks going off on the lake in town was the highlite of the 4th, it was a stunning display, we sang America at the end of Mass on saturday night it was very emotional for me, I am so grateful to live in this country, even with all the crazy things that are going on that sometimes make no sense to me, maybe someday the government will start to think of its citizens and not themselves.

Anyhoo, I did get some stitching, one was a finish  from a pay it forward I recieved from Robin over at http://stitchingwitch.blogspot.com Robin has a beautiful blogsite so stop on over.


I know some of you have done this flag in the stitches it called for but I decided to due the traditional cross stitch, I was going to do a scissor fob but changed my mind and will hang it on my mirrow in my car.

Next is a stitch I have not finished as you can see, I used a 28 ct. White Opalescent fabric, I like the sparkle it has a little more pazazz, I hope to finish this today.







This is waht I am reading  this week, I finished Monica Ferris's book Thai Die it is a great mystery with a lovely pattern in the end of a Han Phoenix for cross stitching.





My Stella DeOros are in full bloom along my sidewalk and driveway, they are so pretty, when it is a gloomy day they still look bright and sunny.

 




I also want to show you the tree that someone poisened, we have a good idea who, just cannot prove it right now, we do have security camaras now and hope that they donot come back.






On to a better note here are some of the visitors from our yard, I just love birds and animals so much, enjoy, however we seem to be feeding the deer more bird seed then the birds that is o.k. they need to eat too.






A Downy Woodpecker eating suet from our deck railing hanger, these birds live in Minnesota all year around.


This frog just would not leave me he spent a good amount of time on my hands.



Sneeky deer.



This is a picture of one of the feeders I need to fill.




My last picture is of Blondie (Starlynn) our baby.






 

6 comments:

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Love your flag finish, and Celebrate is very cute, too! Your flowers are so pretty! All I have to say about the frog is that he wouldn't have taken up residence on my hand!

cucki said...

Love your flag finish..so
Pretty..your flowers are so lovely and mr frog is a naughty frog :)
Hugs x

Penny said...

Sounds like you had a lovely 4th. What a sweet finish and nice progress on your new project. Pretty flowers! And those little Downy Woodpeckers are one of my favorite birds. That's a cute little frog friend you have. :)

Carol said...

Ahhh... margaritas and stitching! Sounds like a perfect 4th to me :) Your new flag finish is so cute! And it sure looks like you have a variety of wildlife in your yard... Enjoy your weekend!

Frances said...

What cute patriotic stitching! I love both of them!
Those deer eyes are so funny!!!
And your sweet kitty is cute!!

Hopblogger said...

Hello Catherine,
Love your work. Nice finishes! Blondie is so cute. Have a Margarita for me!
Mini wishes, Conny