Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Not a stitching post today


Another day in Morris Minnesota, at least it is not snowing, they had 18 inches of snow on sunday, ick.
I donot have a stitching post today because I forgot my camara and the disc to download pictures so I thought I would show a picture of the suet I made for the birds who are having a hard time finding food this cold winter.
My wonderful husband bought cow fat or (suet) from the meat market in Annandale Mn.
I mixed peanut butter, peanuts, and other nuts with cranberries and some bird seed.
They love it, the bird eating was not afraid of me in the window, even my new kitty was able to sit and watch, the bird eat..
It is amazing how little it cost to feed them, the suet cake last about 2 weeks, at a cost of about 4.00 dollars.
We have many feeders on the deck and back yard in the winter, we get deer, pheasants and other wild animals stopping by to eat, it is truely beautiful.
I will post an update on my stitching on friday or sooner, I am working on a Blackbird Designs Exchange now so alot of other stitching is put aside, I will mail out my exchange this saturday.
I just need to stain and finish the box and hope my exchange partner loves it.
I was the winner of Edgars givaway, it is a needlepoint canvas that is so beautiful, I started stitching on it on sunday, I will post pictures on my next post.
I am sitting here with an empty cup of coffee, I need to get another latte, talk to you soon.

Happy Fat Tuesday

Catherine 

3 comments:

Edgar said...

I ams o happy that the package arrived and that you are pleased!! - and - how super that you make you own suet cakes for the birds!!

Catherine said...

I have never tried making my own suet ~ might be something to add to the list of things I would like to try!

Chris said...

Glad to hear that the snow has stopped. It is so nice of you to take care of the birds like that.
I am looking forward to seeing your stitching.