Friday, February 1, 2013

My Valentine Project


I have been trying to stay warm, the temp this morning when I woke up was -14 degrees, I had a dental appoinyment for cleaning, I just did not want to go outside but being a hardy Minnesotan I did ans wow oh so cold with a windchill.
I have been frogging this piece I was ready to do the back stitching and took a really long look at this piece trying to figure out why it looked so different, this is a Mystery Stitch by Mike Vickery from The Cross Stitcher magazine  I am not used to Valentine colors like this, I think I will tea dye it after all the stitching is done, I love the pattern just not the colors, I was off by three cross stitches so had to rip the lefr side of the framing the wide and thin framing had to go, oh well that is what I get for not watching waht I was doing.
This is one of my Up For A Challenge projects, I will be glad when it is finished.
I see lots of  beautiful Valentine stitching ourt there, I plan on starting on Blackbird Designs Valentine Message on sunday.
I hope everyone has a warm day werever it is cold and a cool day (not so hot ) in warmer places

Blessings
Catherine

4 comments:

Christina said...

Sorry to hear the 'frogs' have been visiting Catherine! ;0)
You were very brave to go out when it was that cold, especially to the dentist! Lol.

Lisa V said...

Nasty frogs!!
Oh how I wish for Winter, its still all yucky and hot here.

Hopblogger said...

Hello Catherine,
Its a shame we are not bears in the winter. The weather is funny. Some pesty flies are still around here.
Much love, Conny

Le trame della Galaverna said...

Beautiful.
Colors are wonderful
Giovanna