Friday, September 30, 2011

I have a lot to catch up on first I want to let you all know I was the lucky winner of some very lovely trims from  VictorianMottoShoppe Nancy dyes her own trims, I found her on Ebay last summer and love her trims, please pop over and see what she has, you will not be disapointed. She sent me chennille trims many colors I will have so much fun using them on ornaments and other projects, she also included some buttons which I fell in love with, I love the ricrack trim I like using the trim on many projects not just cross stitch, I have never won a givaway I was totally shocked when she notified me of being one of the winners.
Thank-you Nancy for the very large package and for your beautiful trims and buttons, I am in love with them all.
 I did get a little stitching in back at Retreat at Bay Lake we had such a good time what a great bunch of Ladies we had a full room this year Thank-you Kelli for all your hard work you really did a great job.
The weather was wonderful and all of the projects were fun to see, we had Stitchers, a Scrappbooker, many Knitters, a Lady that made the most beautiful Christmas cards with floss and needle on paper, I am sure I have forgotten someone I am so sorry.
We had perfect weather and I had the best three roomys anyone could have.
These are the two ornaments I worked on at Retreat, the cat bumblebee is Mosey 'N Mee in thre Just Cross Stitch  october 2008 issue so is the Owl this is a Raise The Roof pattern I did change all the colors and the fabric color, I used leftover threads from my friend Barb L. she was done with them and I thought I could use them they worked very well thank-you Barb.
I plan on doing all the ornaments from all the Halloween ornaments in Just Cross Stitch magazines wish me luck.


I am working on three things one is a Blackbird Design for an exchange I cannot tell you because she may be reading my blog so I have to keep it quiet for a while, I am still working on The Mystery Sampler from With My Needle and Thread I love this sampler I just have to find a way to bring my frame and stand to work with me so I can work on it when I have down time.
I am also working on a Up Foe A Challenge 15 it is the Nora Corbett Halloween Fairy in the Cross Stitch and Needlework sept. 2008 issue I will post a picture maybe this week-end.
I have more to tell you but really need tpo get back to work you see this is the only day of this week I can clean get my hair cut and of course dyed, go to dinner with my most wonderful Husband and do some relaxing along with stitching.
Blessings to you all and please go over to the Victorian Motto Shoppe, I do hope my link works if not please let me know so I may remedy  the problem.
Catherine

5 comments:

staci said...

Adorable halloween stitch! Enjoy using your wonderful new trims!

Mindi said...

It sounds like you had a lovely time at your retreat. Those trims look wonderful, I've seen a few people post about them. I'll have to take a look.

Christina said...

Great post Catherine! I love all of your new trimmings, wow, you're going to have fun playing around with those!
Good luck stitching all of your Halloween ornies. I got my copy of JCS Halloween issue a couple of days ago. I'm desperate to start stitching 'Fall Owl' by Casey Buonaugurio.

Catherine said...

Wow! What great goodies from Nancy!! Can't wait to see how you put them to use.

Cute stitches!!

Linda said...

What a lucky ducky you are to win the draw. They are so very nice. I don't win prize draws either but did win one fabulous one last month. Yup, you got that right; I just might see it so you can't show it. I haven't even said anything about an exchange on my blog. I don't dare. ;-)