Saturday, July 31, 2010

Blackbird Exchange in the works




It has been over two weeks since I blogged a lot has happened, my wonderful husband came home from the Phillipines mission trip, the mission trip was a long two and a half weeks.


He is simply exausted and I am sure the rest of the team is also.


The group did leave Father Victor there, for one more week, the Phillipines is his home country we only have him in our Parish for six or seven years he may leave us next year then we get a new Priest.


The Blackbird project I am working on now needs to be done by August 12, that is the final mailing date, we have a wonderful moderator named Patti, she keeps us on our toes, making sure we get things done by the proper date.


The pattern is the Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers #35, Peacock Pinkeep.


I am going to do a pin keep but not like the one on the cover, I am going to use crushed walnut shells for the inside stuffing.


The thread count I used is one over two on 32 count linen, I am also using three colors instead of two, I like the effect so far.


Colors are Gentle Arts Antique Rose, Weeks Dye Works Rust and Weeks Dye Works Scuppernong.


Stitch count is 80X87, I am going to do a pinkeep for myself soon I hope, I have three projects going now one I do out on the patio, one I do in the bedroom and this one I do in the family room in front of the t.v.


I also have a very large project going a roman shade for the big window in the family room, I have been trying to get this done before winter, I just may get it done by the middle of August.


Well my needle is calling so off I go, Peace to you all.


GOD BLESS AMERICA


AND ALL WHO PROTECT HER>
Catherine

No comments: